words from the heart

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Mentor's birthday

Yesterday is my mentor, Ikeda Sensei, birthday. Happy birthday Sensei!! If I'm not wrong he is 78 this year. And he is still striving hard to work for the happiness of others! I must always remember his spirit.

Coincidentally, if I'm not wrong, Nikken, the high priest that tries to obstruct the pure flow of the buddhist Law, happens to have his birthday on the same day as Ikeda Sensei. Wow, what a coincident! A senior once said that the struggles and battle of good and evil is taking place before us between Sensei and Nikken, exactly the same as the battle between Shakyamuni and Devadatte 2500 years ago. Hence isn't it the greatest honour for us disciples of Sensei to live in this lifetime and fight alongside our mentor? Wow wow, when I heard this, I can really feel the burning heat in me, that how important my mission in life is.

Of course, we are not hating this man Nikken and really want him dead lah. But we are fighting against the evil act of his, and the great devilish function that arises from his life. Ultimately, I feel our action is out of great compassion for the betterment of human being and not the demeaning of a human life.

Goodness and evil resides in this world, in every realms, and in our lives too. Everyday, good and evil are manifested in our daily lives, and we are constantly having this battle of good and evil in us. I personally too experience this everyday. Sometimes the laziness tendancy keeps popping out now and then to pester me. Man, I cannot let this go on in 2006. Must continue to fight this evil in me.

Today is not a productive day. Must renew my determinatio to work harder tomorrow! Let's fight!

Selection for Tuesday, January 3

Employ the strategy of the Lotus Sutra before any other. "All others who bear you enmity or malice will likewise be wiped out." These golden words will never prove false. Believe them wholeheartedly. The heart of strategy and swordsmanship derives from the Mystic Law. Have profound faith. A coward cannot have any of his prayers answered.

The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra -%2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home