words from the heart

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ode to Joy, Ode to NYPSD


Yesterday I went down to NYP to join NYP Students Division for their Tuesday Polaris gathering. I was there to bring Shin down to join and meet up with SD members in NYP. My first time to NYP, and really bring back the memories of my uni days.

And we did have great fun yesterday. I enjoyed myself, and I'm sure Shin enjoyed himself too. We had a great dialogue together, spanning from chit chatting about school life, studies, to wow, serious discussions on many-in-body one-in-mind, unity, stand alone spirit, to even introducing to Shin about Buddhist fundermentals such as Ten worlds, Daimoku, Buddhahood, etc.

Well a bit too much of sharing for a day haha, but glad Shin was open and willing to listen and digest what we shared. I suppose alot of things he still might find it hard to understand so quickly, but there's still more opportunities for dialogues and discussions eh. I think more importantly is that we are able to forge a friendship among us. To me that's more important for now. And glad that I too am able to know a few more friends from NYP. Haha yesterday then I got to know there's this beautiful "Miss Princess" that's famous for been the "Princess" of NYP. Cool.

At the end of the dialogue, NYPSD gave Shin and me a very nice souveneir, which is a handmade wind mill. What a nice wind mill, which reminds one that how fast it turns depend on the wind, which equate to the strength of our faith and spirit of never giving up. As long as we persevere along in our lives through any obstacles or challenges, the wind mill of our life will turn in high spirit, full of joy and lifeleness. What an honor to receive this wonderful present from NYP! Thank you NYPSD!!

graceful windmill
spinning gently in the wind
spinning timelessly
like a dear friend
giving one companion and comfort

Glory windmill
like a bright sunflower
laughing happily in the wind
dancing with joy and happiness
in joyous rhythm

courageous windmill
fighting bravely against the thunderous storm
turning in powerful motion
like a fine warrior
never giving in to adversity

Peaceful windmill
like a messenger of peace
ever so calm and compose
filling the world with love
like a mother caring for her children

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home