words from the heart

Sunday, January 15, 2006

An interesting day

2 days ago, which is Friday, I was out almost the whole day. Finally after many days of non-stop raining, the rain stopped. And that's how I managed to go out for a haircut, which was long overdue.

On my way home, suprise suprise I met a teacher from my secondary school. He is Mr Lee. Although he did not teach me before, I remembered him as a very strict teacher. Think he used to be the discpline master of the school. Mr Lee told me he have retired from work already. Right now he seemed quite healthy and relaxed. Well, all the best to him!

Then while on the train, an interesting thing happened. A lady, should be around in the mid twenties, asked my mum for direction to Woodlands station. I realised she's from China through her accent. Then on the train, she initiated a conversation with my mum and I. Apparently she was inspired seeing me on wheelchair yet still living well, she offered some words of encouragements. She actually said something like 先天的不足可以由后天的努力补上。I was quite suprised and amazed that a stranger could actually chat with me, and yet at the same time be inspired by me. Though the conversation lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes, I could feel the value of it. You know, initially when she spoke to me, I was think about 2 things. Is she trying to preach? Or is she trying to sell health products to me? (Well both of this 2 happened before on other occasion) Apparently I'm wrong! Haha..

While I was reaching my station, she asked me 1 power question. She asked: what's your dream for the future or what you want to achieve in your life? Wow this is 1 tough question! Because at that time I was going to get off the train any moment, in my mind was only 1 answer-- Kosen-Rufu. Hence out of my mouth I replied: to really contribute something of value back to the society. That I supposed is a honest answer that pop out of my mouth. It was a unique conversation with a stranger. Despite having some prejudice against people from China due to some bad experience in the past, I find this lady having no agenda or ill-meaning at all. Didn't managed to exchange contact with her, haha. Well, perhaps we might meet again :)

Another small suprise during evening was when I'm returning home from a gakkai meeting, I met another teacher from my sec school! Wow meeting 2 teachers in a single day! It was Mrs Philips this time, my Maths and form teacher during sec 4. She looks great, and she was with her family on the way home too. What a pleasant suprise. Perhaps 1 of these days I should visit my sec school eh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home